Need to reset an NT embedded password

Ok, I know this may not be the correct forum for my question, but I've
had limited help elsewhere.  I just started a new job for a university
and we have several thin client devices that were purchased years ago
for testing.  I would like to again look at these (newer models for
public use) as a solution for us.  However I don't have the password to
access the settings on the NT embedded model.  It is a Netier SL2000
(which is dicontinued).  I have reset the BIOS password, but still when
I click on settings it asks for a password which I do not have.  Any
advice, non-cynical at least, is greatly appreciated.
Brandon Riffel
brandon.riffel@_*nospam*_ottawa.edu

Re: Need to reset an NT embedded password

Let me guess :
1) <CR>
2) 1234

Rene

Re: Need to reset an NT embedded password
Nope, tried them.

Re: Need to reset an NT embedded password

Can you boot from a floppy or a CD?  If so, there is a useful utility
program that can reset a normal NT4 / W2K / XP administrator password,
which might also work on NT embedded (I don't remember its name, but a
google search should get you there).  Since the program needs access to
the disk at low-level, it can't run while NT is running - you run it from
a FreeDOS boot disk or a bootable linux CD.

Re: Need to reset an NT embedded password

The bios password will be irrelevant to NT settings- it wants the
administrator password. It apparently CAN be cracked - try here for a
start- <http://www.secinf.net/windows_security/Cracking_NT_Passwords.html

and there are quite a lot of companies offering to get them for you for
money. So choose time or money.

Paul Burke

Site Timeline