Micro controllers with UHF transceivers?

AFAIR it was on 2.45GHz. But in the 70's that was not released for public use in Germany so each unit needed a license. Pretty impressive when one of those yellow vans with lots of rotating antennas stops at your house and neighbors become curious what happened.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You've seen the new device from TI ? Sub GHz and adds USB ? Part name Frequency Flash RAM USB CC1110 Sub-1 GHz 8/16/32 KB 1/2/4 KB No CC1111 Sub-1 GHz 8/16/32 KB 1/2/4 KB Yes CC2510 2.4 GHz 8/16/32 KB 1/2/4 KB No CC2511 2.4 GHz 8/16/32 KB 1/2/4 KB Yes

Jim Granville

Yes, those are already on my list. There are a bit above the Dollar pain threshold right now and some clients frown upon the 8051 architecture (not me, I actually like it).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hopefully they realize that one of the reasons the 8051 architecture is still so popular is because it's dirt cheap!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Sure is. Also, you can find local programmers in even the smallest of towns which is a huge upside. Last but not least there is often a 2nd source. If there ain't you can usually find a very similar 8051 device so that code portability isn't a serious issue.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I like the architecture as well, for very small applications only, of course. They took the Mark I MCS-48 series and added all the stuff that was missing. Most of the modern variants dispense with the horrible pseudo-bidirectional ports and add useful peripherals that were missing or were very primitive in the earlier versions.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Joel Koltner snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Don't forget the second part of dirt cheap, there is plenty of expertise out there running around. Can you say self-fulfilling prophecy?

Reply to
JosephKK

Yep... PICs are the same way -- not the world's most inspired architecture, but dirt cheap and made readily avaialble to hobbyists/college students/etc. early one; now they're a everywhere too.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Exactamente. While an MSP430 programmer might have to be flown in you can usually find 8051 guys right there.