Memory configuration

hello all, Im having an odd issue if my LSB is a 1 I get a Data Abort fault. Example: Writing to 2FFFFFF0 works fine Writing to 2FFFFFF1 causes the Data abort fault, Which I can now say is what is been causing my problems with romboot.bin because the second it tries to write to address 0x20000001 it dies an causes my string of NAK on Sector errors. Suggestions? Im pretty muc using the stock sources from romboot, I only changed the value for th SDRAMC_CR register to match my SDRAMS row col settings, other than that nothings changed...... Also Im using CroosTool's gcc build script to buil the crosscompiler... although Id think if my compiler was no good, th program would not run AT ALL..... Suggestions? Questions about something I should elaborate more on?

-Alex

ps - Thanks for ANY response... Im kinda stumped

Reply to
roboman152

Maybe the processor needs aligned accesses, you failed to mention what your hardware is. Perhaps the memory has a parity error? Did you switch on parity by mistake? Peter

Reply to
Peter

romboot.bin,

that,

build

your

parity

The hardware is a custom made AT91RM9200 board. And yes silly me I no know it was a two fold problem, one was stray flux residue interferin with the SDRAM clock, and also misalignment errors. So if it helps anyone lesson learned --> ALWAYS CLEAN OFF YOUR FLUX the interference was so bad my SDRAM clock line looked like a sine wave o a scope :-) woops.

Reply to
roboman152