"low profile" (?) *standard* USB A connector

Hi,

I have a requirement for a "low profile" (i.e., protrudes from case "very little" when mated) USB A connector. I may be open to a "right angle" cable exit -- though I may have to change my mind as to which orientation that would have to be... :<

Has anyone seen something like this? Pointers?

Also, any comments regarding reliability at the cable exit?

Thanks!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

You can put micro B in the pcb/case and hook up a standard A to micro B cable. Micro B is built for low profile.

Reply to
linnix

I don't see how that solves the problem (unless I buy a right-angle A-to-microB adapter).

I am not concerned with height of connector on PCB. Rather, I am concerned with how far *mated* connector extends beyond the case ("protrudes from case 'very little' when mated").

--

    <
Reply to
D Yuniskis

Yes, there are right angle micro B jack available.

Reply to
linnix

I know that -- I have several intended for cell phones.

I need an *A* connector (sorry, I thought I made that explicit in my post :< ). So, you're advocating right angle B to standard A *external* adapter... *then* mate with the A cable...

Sounds like a mess.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Here is some angle connectors that looks like they stick out a bit less.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Excellent! I'll request some (dimensioned?) drawings and see how they'll fit.

Thank you very much!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis