looking for open source

Hi All,

I am looking for an embedded open source group to join in. I have 15
years experience on embedded software development. You know there are
too many opene source gruops. I am interesting low level development or
porting, such as OS, driver or any protocol. Could any one give me any
suggestion? I would very appreciate.

Thanks

Re: looking for open source

For an OS project, try http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmk/, we are
always looking for help.

Re: looking for open source
I checked your website. Do you have any detail information such as
project schedule, open items. May I do anything? and I note that i386
is not included in XMK the plateforms. I just have PC that can be used
as development environment.

Re: looking for open source

We are looking for help in porting XMK to as many different platforms
(hardware and compilers) as possible . Porters/Developers will need to
have access to target hardware (or simulator) as well as
compiler/linker toolchain and debugging tools for the target.

There are also other tasks (scheduling alogirhtms, file systems,
abstract IO, config tools, etc.), but doing a port is the most direct
way to learn XMK.  Feel free to email me directly to discuss in detail
how you would like to be invovled in the project.

John Taylor
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Re: looking for open source

Interesting. For target x86, the next release of OpenWatcom has extra linker
features for embedded work, like hex output and pre-linked addresses. Maybe
useful to the OP if he gets involved.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Re: looking for open source

http://sourceforge.net has a whole stack of them.  I am of coarse
biased to http://www.FreeRTOS.org .  Send me a mail (address on the
contact page of the FreeRTOS WEB site, not the hotmail address) if you
are interested.

Regards.

Site Timeline