Looking for embedded Module with a VGA port

Hello,

I am looking to buy an embedded microcontroller board with the following
features:

1) Small (something like PC104 or smaller)
2) Direct connection for VGA monitors with graphic mode of at least
640x480 pixel, with at least 16, preferably 256 colors.
3) CPU power needed ist something in the ARM7/ARM9 or 80486 range
4) Relatively low powered (~3-4 Watt max.)
5) Pc compatibility not needed, but is an advantage
6) Not too expensive (200 ~ 300 USD max.)
7) A single PCB solution is preferred over stacking a CPU board to a VGA
board, like in a PC104 system.

Most important for the project is point 2), direct VGA connection.
Thanks to anybody for suggesting a solution.

Best Regards

Thomas

Re: Looking for embedded Module with a VGA port

3.5" SBCs are in your price range. Advantech PCM-4825L, for instance,
about $150.  SVGA connaction (analog), 133MHz AMD 5x86, ... ... ...

Re: Looking for embedded Module with a VGA port

Not quite, but depending on your application, this may be of interest:
http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html

Resolution you need should be available around June.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Looking for embedded Module with a VGA port

Interesting module.
Just for my curiosity, does this module use a RAM chip to store the
image? Or is this somehow generated "on the fly"?

Meanwhile, I found the RMS101 SBC made by a company called Revely
(www.revely.com).
Is anybody using this module successfully?

Thomas

RS-232 to VGA

As far as I know, not a dedicated ram chip.
By all means ask the designer for info if you need it.
His email contact details are on that page, and he will be quick to respond.

Don...