Looking for 3.3V SCC that can do HDLC

Can anyone recommend a nice Serial Communications Controller, in a
QFP or similar package that can do HDLC at rates at least up to
1Mb/s. It also needs to be able to run from a 3.3V supply, and
preferably have 5V tolerant inputs on the serial side.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Looking for 3.3V SCC that can do HDLC

Can't say I've used it but it's HDLC and 3.3V if I read it correctly.

http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid13%606

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: Looking for 3.3V SCC that can do HDLC

Thanks,

I have forgotten about infineon. I have used their older devices when
they were still Siemens. It had one very painful "feature" - If one
masked specific interrupt sources, it stopped updating thos particular
status bits. One had to handle either everything in interrupts, or
everything in polled mode. We ran into this problem when we wanted
to use polled transmit, with interrupt driven receive.
Hopefully they have fixed this feature.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline