linker script help on PPC 405 on Xilinx VII pro chip

I'm new to Xilinx EDK 7.1 and want to get my own simple programs to work.

I have a development board from AVNET and I got their test programs t work (flashing LEDs ..etc.). I am using the xilkernel on a PPC 405.

So next thing I do is use SDK to write a test hello world program. I seems to compile. But then when I use XMD to download it to the board get a linker error.

So then I think, maybe the default linker script isn't good, so I use th linker script from the test programs provided by AVNET.

So in SDK I go to build-> options and add "Wl, -T, Wl, C:\linkerscript" t the extra linker options. Now my program won't compile. Finally, after som trial and error I get "Wl,C:\linkerscript" to work. I dunno why th documentation said to use "Wl, -T, Wl," maybe those are th possibilities.

So now my porgram compiles. So I update bitstream under XPS. Everythig seems good. But then when I try to download the program under XMD, I stil get an error. Somethign like this, section, .text:0xffff0000-0xffff093 section, .boot0:0xffff2ee0-0xffff2ef0 section, .boot:0xfffffffc-0x0000000 ERROR:EDK - Program I-Side Section, .text:0xffff0000-0xffff0934 out o Address Range

So obviously my linker scrip is messed up. And I have very littl knowledge of linker script language. I am guessing that my .text sectio is too small, but why would that be too small?

my text section looks like this: .text : {

*(.text) *(.text.*) *(.gnu.linkonce.t*) } > SDRAM_8Mx32_1 : program

Can you guys give me some pointers on how to go about fixing this issue Or atleast verify that it isn't a linker script problem. It's probabl some setting in XPS or SDK.

Reply to
sdarch