Interrupts on Adlink PCO-7224 with PLX 9052?

Hi!

I'm currently trying to use the onboard timer on the Adlink PCI7224 [1]
to generate fast interrupts under WinNT/RTX. But I couldn't manage it to
generate an interrupt.

The interrupthandler is attached and reacts on software triggered
interrupts. But also the timer i8254 is running, no "local" interrupt at
the PLX 9052 is generated, and so #INTA line does not change. I also
tried to generate an interrupt with an I/O line (pin P1C0), but this
does not work either.

In the describtion of the PCI 9052RDK-LITE [2] a linux drives with
sourcecode is mentioned. Is there any way to get these sources without
buying the complete RDK? Adlink does not respond to my request for
driver sources :-(

Kind regards
Thorsten Ostermann

[1] http://www.adlinktech.com/PD/big5/PD_detail.php?pid20 %
[2] http://www.plxtech.com/products/tools/rdk/9052rdk-lite.htm
--
Kunst kommt aber von 'können',
nicht von 'kennst du schon den neuesten trick?'

Adlink support is rubbish and the quality of their drivers isn't much
better.

I have only worked with a PLX9080 on a different Adlink board. To generate
interrupts from an I/O line and timer I needed to:-

Enable those interrupts in the Adlink interrupt control/status reg
(INT_CSR).

Enable the local to PCI interrupt in the PLX chip.

Enable the PCI interrupt on the PLX chip.

PLX do an SDK for $99 which has full source code for a generic windows
driver for their PCI chips.

Site Timeline