Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links

Hello All,

Can anyone please let me know some good books or links where i can find
enoughinformation on Instruction Set Simulators.I want to know how
simulator works internally.

Also, i have heard that LISA is used to build simulators. So, is there
any documnet where i can find information related to this.

Regards,
Sapan

Re: Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links

The task can range from relatively simple to very complex.

To judge the level of complexity you need to define:

1) From what simulated processor to what output?

2) In what format is the input, machine or assembly language?

3) Are you reverse engineering existing code, looking for a tool
to use for development or just trying to get an answer to a
homework assignment?

Regards,
Ken Asbury

Re: Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links

And don't forget

4) Are you interested in hardware-like simulation?
   Or just software (code)?

and

5) Is this for early testing of a new product or
   is it intended to run lots of software (perhaps
   for an old processor no longer manufactured)?

--Charles

Re: Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links

Good points, but given the lack of comprehension of the
nature of the problen exhibited by the OP, I'm guessing
student... and not one that I'd be eager to hire.

Ken

Re: Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links
On 1 Dec 2005 06:33:45 -0800, "Ken Asbury"

Afraid you are right -- no clarification is almost always a giveaway
that the reply was not understood,....

--Charles

Site Timeline