Improving RFID reader throughput!

Folks,

I'm doing performance measurements on our MCU based RFID reader. The very problem I'm facing is redundancy of tag ID (say 12 bytes) transmission, every time my MCU receives a tag ID; will just push that ID to UART without any prior knowledge of that it is sending the same ID again and again. (Due to poor designs of RFID tag protocols single tag can response its ID repeatedly unless some other tag steps in). Is it possible to implement some AI or data structure technique to avoid that? And to decide that this tag id was pushed before so no use to resend go-on to process another incoming IDs.

I just can't ignore the incoming tags while executing some complex comparison or say search algorithm even assuming that I have 2K free memory.

Thanks for your time ali

Reply to
Ali

So the RFID tag should have enough code and memory to keep track of other tags in its immediate area ??

The kind of looses the idea of being cheap.

Good Luck

Reply to
Donald

Are you just looking for a fast way to filter tags, IOW, something like: don't retransmit a tag already sent in the last N seconds?

Perhaps a hash to divide your search space into N buckets of M tags (perhaps 64 buckets of four tags), then just search the M tags, and manage those on a pseudo-LRU basis? Obviously all that depends on exactly how much filtering you want to do, and how much CPU time and memory you actually have available to do it.

Reply to
robertwessel2