HELP IN TURNING OFF ECHO IN SERIAL PORT

HELLO ALL

I am new in serial port programming. I am currently doing a program that communicates to DSP board through COM1 port. But I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The language that I am using is C#. I am using the built in class SerialPort provided by Microsoft. When I send some bytes to the output buffer they always appear somewhat later at the input buffer... This is really frustrating.I know how to turn off the local echo in the Hyperterminal, but there seems to be no method for doing this in Microsoft Visual Studio.

Please help me to resolve this problem

Thanks in advance Nasif

Reply to
nasif4003

I never had this problem. The SerialPort class doesn't echo on it's own. It must be coming from your board?

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Why do you need to mess with the SerialPort? Isn't it better to go directly to the API:

hComm = CreateFile(...);

ReadFile(hComm,...); WriteFile(hComm,...);

As simple as that.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

That is what the SerialPort class does.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Well, you've been *posting to Usenet* long enough that you should have learned how to do it properly.

Stop doing this:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, use this technique:

*-*-*-marked-as-Read-in-ALL-*-groups+Newsgroups.line . . More stuff you should read: Especially note "shouting".
't-*-ALL-CAPITAL-LETTERS+Lurk+cross.post+Last.changed+SHOUTING+don't-post-separate-copies-*-*-*-to-each-group

Reply to
JeffM

plonk....

Reply to