hardware/development for mobile device

Does anyone know what hardware device a mobile has?
I want to start some software development for mobile phone hardware, but
having difficulty finding the right one for me to start with.
Can anyone please recommend a mobile device, contains a LCD like Nokia
N91. If Nokia N91 is hard to program with, what other device is easier?
Which system development kit I will have to use for mobile device
programming?

Thanks
Sam

Re: hardware/development for mobile device

What is the application ?
There are industrial phones, without LCD.
They tend to have an AT commandset and a
GPRS interface. Some allow to receive/transmit
SMS.

Rene

Re: hardware/development for mobile device

Most modern cell phones have an Operating System which would provide
the API for building applications on top of it. Unless you want to do
hardware-related stuff, you should focus on the OS but not on the
actual device/hard.

Matthias

Site Timeline