digi connect & lantronix xport

Hello, Does anyone know well this modules? I would like to implement my own application on those but I have no precise information on them. Does anybody used to work with those? Do you know how to do this implementation (use of a cross compilo, maybe?....) Thank you

Reply to
mungam

When I last looked, the XPort used Borland CBuilder 5 and the Lantronix SDK available from your distributor to create the executable firmware. However, we couldn't get the SDK out of our distributor so we went with something else. Hope you have better luck.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Un bel giorno mungam digitò:

I've used Xport a couple of times, either in custom designs and within other devices (for example the radiomodems from Maxstream).

You don't need any cross compiler. Xport is basically an ethernet-to-serial converter, therefore you have to write network code on one side, and serial rx/tx code on the other side.

--
asd
Reply to

Thanks for your anwers, I would like to use those modules to test an application developped by others persons. Do you think it is possible to implement this application (in Caml) on those and if yes, how ? (I will probably have to translate the Caml in C) My english is bad so please answer easy. You said "we went with something esle" how did you do? Thank you

Reply to
mungam

Thanks but I would like to implement my own application that I have and not write another one, do you think it may be possible?

Reply to
mungam

If you contact you local Lantronix distributor about this, he will let you sign an NDA which entitles you to get a free development kit in order to write your own applications that run on the XPort. The only thing you need to provide yourself is a Borland C compiler. From the Readme file:

In order to use this CPK you need to have a 16-bit compiler installed on your system. We currently support:

Borland C++ 3.1 Turbo C++ 3.0, Turbo C++ 2.01

We do recommend to use Turbo C++ 3.0 or Borland C++3.1 If you use Turbo C++ 2.01 you will need to upgrade your Linker file to at least a version 5.1 (see notes below).

Borland C++ 3.1 We are not currently aware of any distribution for Borland C++ 3.1.

Turbo C++ 3.0 You can purchase Turbo C++ 3.0 of the Borland home page. This Compiler is part of the package "Turbo C++ Suite".

Click on 'C++ BuilderX' under 'Development' of the initial page. On the page you will see the 'Borland® Turbo C++ Suite - New User'. The cost for this product was listed at $49.99.

Turbo C++ 2.01 Turbo C++ 2.01 is available for free on the Borland community homepage:

You might still want to consider to use Turbo C++ 3.0. It seems to generate more compact code. In order to use the web engine you need to apply the linker patch mentioned below.

Borland Linker patch V5.22b On the Simtel.net page you will find an updated Linker for Borland C++ 3.1. You will need to upgrade to this linker if your installed version is less then 5.1. ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/borland/bc31p2.zip The ZIP file contains the updated linker.

After you have installed Turbo C++ (or Borland C++) on your harddrive you have to make one modification to your 'autoexec.bat' file. Under: 'PATH =' you have to ensure that the Turbo C++ bin directory is added at the beginning of the PATH statement. If this is done at the end (installation default) chances are that the make will fail.

Depending on the compiler you are using you might have to make adjustments to the makefile: 'CC = bcc' for Borland C++ 'CC = tcc' for Turbo C++

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

I'm gonna read all those information carefully, thanks a lot to be helpfull and precise Meindert

Reply to
mungam