Call for Participation: 2004 Workshop on Application Specific Processors

You are invited to attend the Third Workshop on Application Specific
Processors (WASP 2004) to be held in Stockholm, Sweden on Sept. 7,
2004 in conjunction with CODES/ISSS 2004 held Sept. 8 to Sept 10.
The workshop features 15 high-quality papers that highlight the
latest work occurring in the area of application specific design of
embedded computing systems.  Please note that the early hotel
reservation deadline is Friday, August 6.  More details concerning
WASP 2004 can be found below and at the workshop website,
http://dna.ucsd.edu/wasp04 .

Call For Participation
3rd Workshop on Application Specific Processors (WASP 2004)

Held in conjunction with the International Conference on
Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis, (CODES+ISSS),
September 7, 2004, Stockholm, Sweden

The WASP workshop explores (micro)architectural design approaches
and trade-offs and compiler technologies, for both domain-specific
and customizable embedded processors. The workshop aims at generating
a forum wherein the various approaches to address the twin challenges
of cost amortization over large volumes while delivering optimal cost,
performance, and power characteristics for a wide segment of embedded
processor market niches will be explored and compared. WASP explores
emerging trends and novel concepts in application-specific processors.

Highlights of WASP 2004:
    * 15 high-quality papers on topics ranging from from application
       specific instruction processors, customization for energy
       efficiency, system-level customization, and novel application
       specific designs
    * 2 keynote presentations, speakers to-be-announced soon
    * 1 industrial panel session

Hotel deadline: August 6
Advanced registration deadline: August 16
Workshop website: http://dna.ucsd.edu/wasp04
CODES/ISSS website: http://www.ida.liu.se/conferences/codes

Re: Call for Participation: 2004 Workshop on Application Specific Processors

This is the first time I recall seeing this conference advertised (it was
not in any of the magazines I receive) and it is a topic that I have some
interest in. However, I am unable to re-arrange my schedules for September
at this short notice. Surely, if you need participants then more notice
would be better.