AVRStudio and C under W98?possible?

Hi to all,

recently i went from AVRStudio 4.11 to 4.12.460.Operating system is W98

The former never had a problem compiling ans simulating fo rdebug asm files.

I upgraded to the newest version to have the chance of programming in C.

So i installed WinAvr and later AVRStudio; now AVRStudio is finally able to compile .c files but it crashes when i try to debug.

I can see the blue status bars move,after that a message error occurs and when i press ok the program closes.

Any hint?

Or simply it is impossible to compile and debug in C under W98?

MAny thanks, Diego Italy

Reply to
blisca

Win98 is long gone - nobody develops new software for it any more. Either stay with old versions or move to at least W2k.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel

"Frank-Christian Kruegel" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Of course,Frank but i hoped that some version of AVRStudio and WinAvr could work with it,even last version are declared able to work with it.

Licenses are not for free and i would like to play with freeware stuff.This is not for work but just for hobby.

Have a good night

Diego

Reply to
blisca

A complete AVR development environment for Linux does exist. And legal W2k professional licenses are being sold for just 30¤ on ebay Germany.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel