AVR Algorithm Builder

Hi all -
For the AVR there is a russian graphical programming language system called
"Algorithm Builder". Downloadable at www.afrfreaks.org
Does anybody have greater working experience on it? The samples included
haven't any description. Code development time will shrink by a factor of
3 - 5, says the developer.
What do you think? Make it sense to switch from Assembler/C to it? Even if
generated code is slightly greater/slower?? Hopefully I can build projects
quicker with it?? More code quality??

If it is good it should be available for the AVR also!!

Regards -
Henry

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder
I have not looked at what you are refering to, but a comment comes to mind.
The idea of a programming method that doesn't require a programmer is a kind
of holy grail in computer science. We all thought that by now your average
joe could code fairly sophisticated algorithms in a graphical paradigm. It
hasen't happened yet - who knows, maybe it never will?

Dana Frank Raymond

called

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder

About 20 years ago there was something called "The Last One", software
that wrote programs. After generating a lot of excitement, it vanished.
I tried it once, and lost interest when it crashed whilst creating my
program.

Leon

Leon

OT:Re: AVR Algorithm Builder
kind

I thought Visual Basic more or less achieved this. (leaving out details as
testing and maintenance ;-)

Wim

Re: OT:Re: AVR Algorithm Builder
:))))))))))))) Surely a Microsoft product!!

Wim Ton schrieb in Nachricht
average
It

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder
I think you misunderstood me. Graphical programming means a optical
structuring technic for programs. The human visual sense for objects is of
much broader bandwidth than reading a serial text input. By no means it will
set programmers free.
- Henry

Dana Raymond schrieb in Nachricht ...
kind
if
projects

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder

I downloaded it and played with a little bit.  It looks OK.
I think the biggest problem would be just learning to use it
and to think in terms of flow-charting - OK if you have an
ordered mind!

You can get it here:
http://home.tula.net/algrom/english.html

Alan

Jenal Communications
Manufacturers and Suppliers of HF Selcall
P O Box 1108, Morley, WA, 6943
Tel: +61 8 9370 5533 Fax +61 8 9370 5106
Web Site: http://www.jenal.com
e-mail: http://www.jenal.com/contact.php

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder
Hi Alan -
Can you see any benefit?

called

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder

I guess it depends on how you do your projects!

If you have a well defined project that you can then transfer to a
flowchart then I think Algorithm Builder should be good.

If you have a project that is always being "added to" then perhaps it
will be harder to use (but that is also true of any form of
programing!)

AB should work well with structured programming and some discipline.
Start with a "main" loop and then add sub-routines as separate pages
until the project is complete.

I intend to have a better play with AB when I get time.  It seems easy
enough to use but I would love to hear comments from someone who has
used it a lot.

Alan

Jenal Communications
Manufacturers and Suppliers of HF Selcall
P O Box 1108, Morley, WA, 6943
Tel: +61 8 9370 5533 Fax +61 8 9370 5106
Web Site: http://www.jenal.com
e-mail: http://www.jenal.com/contact.php

Re: AVR Algorithm Builder

If you like this have a look at corechart for pics.
Good way of getting kids and beginners started with micros.

Alex

Site Timeline