ATMEL AVR-programming using AVROSP on Linux? Does AVRDUDE support self-programming bootloaders?

Cheers,

Has anybody tried to port ATMel's own AVROSP ("AVR Open-source Programmer", see:

) for Linux? It seems otherwise quite generic code, except that the module SerialPort.cpp is wholly Windows-specific, so I need just to create the corresponding interface using standard Posix-interface to RS232-port. Other possibility would be to run the included Windows/DOS-executable AVRDUDE.exe under WinE in Linux, provided there doesn't come any problems with serial port settings, etc. Has anybody done that?

Otherwise I would be quite happy to use Avrdude (

), except that I don't see whether it supports ALSO programming with an AVR109-style self-programming bootloader (i.e. by uploading stuff to that bootloader via the serial port, without any intermediate "programming hardware"). See Atmel's "Self Programming Application Note" at:

By fgrepping avrdude's source code (and NEWS-file) I get an impression that avrdude _does_ support programming through serial port and AVR910-style programmer, built according to Atmel's "In-System Programming Application Note"

I.e. the "standard" serial programmer which connects via an RS-cable to the PC, and to the programmed board (with the main AVR to be programmed) with "SPI-cable", that in turn is connected to MISO, MOSI, SCK, RESET, VCC and GND-pins of the processor.

Yours,

Antti

Reply to
Antti Karttunen (remove .bu.la from the address)

AVRDUDE can be used with AVR910-style programmers. There is also support for the Butterfly bootloader. And you can use non-standard baudrates with all RS232-programming protocols ;-)

Don't forget to look at the docs for performance hints.

/Jan-Hinnerk

Reply to
Jan-Hinnerk Reichert