Atmega AVRs - C code for self-programming Flash

Hi all,

Lately I'm playing with an ATMEGA162 and AVRGCC / WinAVR. Does anyone
know where I can find a C code fragment for writing to the Flash ROM? I
just thought I'd ask before writing it myself.

thanks,

Al

Re: Atmega AVRs - C code for self-programming Flash

There are the application notes with source code on this as I'm sure
you've already read. As good as they are sometimes, perhaps you'll have
some luck with the AVR butterfly source code. There is a boot loader and
the main application. They use IAR's compiler, I believe. (There exists
a port for GCC somewhere on the net, but porting between IAR and GCC
isn't too hard.) Perhaps it's a good starting point?

Brett

Re: Atmega AVRs - C code for self-programming Flash
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:04:56 +1000, Al Borowski

I use MegaLoad, its made for ICCAVR
(i just compile with the ICCAVR demo , ad megaload is small enough for
that)  , but there should be a working port for AVRGCC.

Have a look here (Authors page) , get the package with the PC .exe
file there
http://www.microsyl.com/megaload/megaload.html

Talk about the GCC port (German ....)
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/forum/read-2-46637.html

The GCC Port
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment.php/46795/Megaload-winavr.zip

Rgds
Carsten

Re: Atmega AVRs - C code for self-programming Flash

Maybe a look at the AVRGGC Header files boot.h and pgmspace.h helps a little
bit. Additionally, the www.avrfreaks.com forum is very helpful.

Bernhard Roessmann
Don't Fear The Penguins!

Re: Atmega AVRs - C code for self-programming Flash
Hi,

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I ended up just writing the thing from
scratch - it wasn't too hard, although I hate the AVRs programming
scheme :-)

Al

Site Timeline