Any uC manufacturers have free c compilers?

I have used the gnuarm gcc compiler, for the ARM7 TDMI based Analog Device chip ADuC7026 and ADuC7028. I have used version 2.98 and 4.1, and both are excellent products really solid. The 4.1 version generates more compact code (about 30 % less in size). I have never run benchmarks, but often smaaller code is also faster.

I am delighted with the quality, reliability of the compiler/linker/assembler, which in my view is superior to many "commercial" compilers. Even the documentation is better that many other compilers. The assembly/C programinng API is quite good too. The fact that the compiler is free open source does not spoil the pot!

Andre Gompel (O3SYS, Fremont, California)

Robert Adsett wrote:

Reply to
Andre Gompel (firmware consultant)

After talking with the powers that be, I decided to rewrite the confusing sections myself, and they agreed to use my changes. Hopefully it's more obvious what we do, without miscommunicating anything.

Thanks for the feedback!

DJ

Reply to
DJ Delorie