Subject Author Posted Replies

LPC1788 versus LPC2478
Hi, I have a project running on a LPC2478 with a QVGA LCD, similar to the Olimex LPC2478-STK (a subset ). It runs at 72MHz. The size of my code is approaching the 500k limit, so I have tried to cross...
3
3

Really tiny microcontrollers
I'm wondering what the physically smallest microcontrollers are, that aren't too crazy to program and that are amenable to hand soldering with normal SMT tools. I've found some of the ATtiny parts in...
72
72

The end of an era: TI Launchpad now costs $5?
I just noticed that TI seems to have raised the MSP430 Launchpad price from $4.30 to $5: It still says $4.30 on some parts of the page, and on some other pages. On the bright side, they seem to have...
4
4

Small controller with good on-chip oscillator
Hello All, any suggestions for small (e.g. TSSOP20) microcontrollers with a good on-chip oscillator? One of the best I found is the 9S08 with 1% max. drift in the 0..70°C range. The 9S08 would do the...
16
16

Eclipse setup for STM32F
I can get the build and basic debug working, but wondering if there was any easy way of viewing or manually changing CPU internal registers, such as SPI and GPIO? I'm currently stumped and wondering...
14
14

SATA power for embedded widgets
Been doing a lot of stuff recently that requires 3.3V and 12V at moderate currents. The simplest commodity way to do this seems to be a PC power supply. The 24 way ATX connector is a bit clumsy and...
11
11

CFP: EBW2013 Technically Co-sponsored by IEEE - Thailand
----------------------------------------- Apologies for cross-posting. ----------------------------------------- THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON E-TECHNOLOGIES AND BUSINESS ON THE WEB (EBW 2013)...

Graduate Research Assistantship at the Department of Computer Engineering, Hallym University, Gangwon-do, Korea
Graduate Research Assistantship at the Department of Computer Engineering, Hallym University, Gangwon-do, Korea The Embedded System on Chip Lab of the Hallym University seeks to recruit p romising PhD...

Atmel ATTiny 861 Frequency @ 3.3V
Hi all, just looked through the ATTiny 861 datasheet with the "new" options to use a High-Frequency PLL clock with the 8 MHz calibrated oscillator to clock the processor and the periphials. So by...
1
1

USB and UPnP Tutorials
Hi All, As my first attempt to technical writing, I have put up 3 in-depth tutorials (on USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and UPnP device architecture) at . Please go through it and provide your comments. Cheers...
1
1

DeviceNet and ASi stack recommendations.
Who's good? Target is Linux 2.6.x with plenty of RS485 UARTS and Intel 82527 CAN controllers.
3
3

Interfacing 3.3V SPI devices to a 5V MCU
I'm about to do some work with interfacing 3.3V SPI based devices to 5V MCUs and unlike the devices I've been used to, these particular 3.3V SPI devices are _not_ 5V tolerant. Interfacing the SPI...
12
12

Non Standard Ethernet pass through connector
I have been asked by a customer if we can mount my networked product in a I P67 case. It has three connectors, power, RS232(D connector) and Ethernet(RJ45 10/100 ) which need to pass through the case...
9
9

Methods for Reading a Positive to Negative Range on an ADC
I have a sensor circuit that will output a voltage between -4 and +4 V. I need to pass this to an ADC. What are some methods for reading this type of range on an ADC with only a positive rail?
20
20

Simple cPCI question 6U/3U
Hi, Can 3U cPCI cards ALWAYS be used in a 6U cPCI system (voltage variations aside)? I've looked at a number of FAQs and links from the Wikipedia page and I don't see it spelled out. I know about the...
2
2