68HC08 RKE design

Hi all,

the company where I work is doing a research about RKE (remote keyles
entry) HW designs, and HC08 is one of the MCU's that should be checked.

I've got no knowledge in this area, so I was hoping that someone of yo
could give me some links from where I could learn how to programm thi
MCU. Maybe you could even recomend me some books for beginners? I foun
some books for the 68HC12, but I couldn't find anything for 68HC08...

Thank you in advance,
Ivan

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: 68HC08 RKE design
In German the answer would be:
Kreidl, Kremser "Moderne Funkfernsteuersysteme
im ISM-Bereich" Franzis 2002
Kreidl is a Motorola-application engineer.
The book covers MC68HC908RF2, MC33591, MC33493.
Its nice, but very basic.

They did a kit too:
http://elmicro.com/en/rke08rd.php
And that seems to contain english documentation.

MfG  JRD

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

German is also good, I found the book, and I've ordered it for 1,20 .
have the same kit, so hopefully this book will help me finding answers t
my problems.

Thanx,
Ivan

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: 68HC08 RKE design
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:33:17 -0500, "ivan_div"

www.freescale.com should have lots of free stuff you can download,
including datasheets, reference manuals and application notes (likely
including some on RKE).

Cosmic and Metrowerks (I think) have compilers.  We have an older
version of the Cosmic compiler that works well.  Newer versions should
work just as well or better.

It's a pretty straightforward 8-bit micro.  Nothing weird.  Everything
is in one address space.  You shouldn't need anything beyond the
vendor docs.

HTH,

                               -=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

Can you also think of a compiler that I could get for free?

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

Metrowerks do a special edition which is free to download and use.

It allows you to generate code upto 16K in size. See:

http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Develop/Embedded/HC08/Default.htm

Simon.

Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century

Re: 68HC08 RKE design
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:00:59 -0500, "ivan_div"

I believe Cosmic has a limited demo that is good for small projects
(max code size 2 or 4 k, or something like that).  Metrowerks might
have one as well -- I don't know.

GNU doesn't support the '08, though there is (was?) an '11 port.
Perhaps SDCC has something?

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

I had a look at SDCC a few weeks ago because I wanted a HC08 compiler that
runs under Linux. It appeared to be a work in progress as far as the
HC08 is concerned.

Simon.

Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

Our compiler is not free, but it is only $199. We have lots of people
who spend a week trying to get the free MW to work and use our compilers
productively in less than a day. Sometimes the free MW is our best
advertising :-)

--
// richard
http://www.imagecraft.com

Re: 68HC08 RKE design
...but your licence is very complicated to move to another PC...

Yvan, an ICC08 / CW user.

--
---
Yvan

Re: 68HC08 RKE design

At  http://sdcc.sourceforge.net  there is a free C compiler
that uses the excellent asxxxx assemblers at
http://shop-pdp.kent.edu/ashtml/asxxxx.htm

  I am using the 6808 assembler in my gnu/linux and FreeBSD
908 programmer. The programmer supports all of the
0.1 inch pitch feedthrough 908s except the new JL8 and QB8.
I have written the support for the JL8, which uses a
different data structure to the rest, and my sample from
Freescale should arrive on Friday for me to test the software.
  I will announce publication of the GPL MON08 programmer
here when I have tested the JL8, and maybe the QB8 if I can
get one to test.

--
Ian Stirling, G4ICV, AB2GR, Long Valley, New Jersey, USA.
Email address is not valid: contact details are on that