Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
Really? "Let's facelift bar!"? I'm used to some fairly impenetrable span around these parts, but I can't fathom what that might even think it means. Also, mighty spammer guy, I hope you die in a fire.

DeviceNet's EDS
Hello all, I'm making an implementation of DeviceNet. I've created a vendor specific object and one of its attributes is a struct of uint16, uint32 and uint16. It all works ok, but I have a problem...

USB transmission failing
Hi, can anyone please help on the issue that resides on USB TX. Linux-2.6.28 USB stack: Gadget Chipset: OMAP34XX Problem description: -------------------- ping XXX.XXX.XX.X -t -l 20000 fails with...

MCC18 / PIC C18 - how to write to internal EEPROM?
I'm new to C and am trying to write a byte to the internal EEPROM in a 18F45k20. I've done this in the past using assembly but now I'm working in C I figure there should be a function for doing this....
3
3

Re:rad-hard MCUs?
Thanks to all for your replies. I know that Actel makes a rad-hard FPGA in which you can instantiate a soft Cortex-M1 core--but the core itself is not TMR. Still, this seems to be the best bet for...

L2 cache size related question
I am evaluating the memory throughput of DM6437 DSP. The L2 cache size i 128 KB. Here are the throughput details. Array Size Data Written Loops Time in seconds Throughput 64 KB 8000 KB 125 0.336 23.3...
3
3

[FS] Pepper Pad 3 and HP 620LX palm-top computers
I'm in the process of finally putting some of my unused computers up for auction on eBay. I've got a PepperPad 3 and an HP 620LX for _cheap_: Great for embedded control and/or robotics. Happy bidding.

256-fold (or even more) increase in speed on copper wire possible IMHO
Hi, here's some beginners questions: digital data transfer on a wired copper medium is done usually by setting a DC voltage (for example 5V) for a defined duration to indicate a binary 1 value, and...
48
48

Energizer USB Duo battery charger hides a Trojan
Energizer USB Duo battery charger hides a Trojan March 9, 2010 by Lin Edwards ( -- The Energizer Duo USB battery charger has been hiding a backdoor Trojan in its software that affects computers using...
11
11

Defining "firmware quality"
I've read "The Non-Quality Revolution" by Jack Ganssle @ ( What about the concept of achieving higher levels of firmware quality? How we can define it? Number of bugs per LOC? Perceived quality by the...
10
10

Delay in tranmission of packets wrt USB driver for large packets
Hi, am currently porting USB drivers for OMAP34XX series USB OTG controller. The USB OTG controller is configured to operate in peripheral mode which is using GADGET USB stack. Ping fails with...

USB Host
I have to develop an application, as well as management of certain I / O I must read data from USB key external (USB host). Wkich microcontroller easily allows this feature? As possible solutions to...
9
9

Can't load boot file
Hi, I have used sysNvRam function to write data on Ram of VxWorks. After executing that function on VxWorks. VxWorks system is not booting, and giving error like can't load Boot file!. Error in boot...

RS-485 Unterminated Bus and bias resistors
After looking at several application notes (by National, TI, B&B Electronic...) I can't understand if I can bias the two-wire bus without inserting a 120 ohm resistor between A and B cables. Reading...
5
5

Embedded C++ Book?
Any book recommendations for C++ techniques for deeply embedded systems? I know how to do this, but I kind of picked it up by osmosis in the 90's. I need a book I can recommend to folks. I'm not...
18
18