Window comparator bypass cap values?

Are bypass caps needed on the reference inputs to a window comparator? If so, what values are recommended?

Typical example here (with no caps):

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I have never used any.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Depends on the rise and fall time of the input, _and_ the comparator. Sufficiently fast edges and a crappy comparator could couple input to references. I tend toward bypassing. ...Jim Thompson

OK, I never had a problem but restricted design to clean DC. I agree with your statement.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

If the reference is coming from the power rail directly (as shown in schematic) then I'd add some bypass... no sense having PS stuff on the reference. I'd pick an RC time of 1ms or so, (depending on what stuff was on the supply line.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold