VEPCO Ain't Gonna Load Level for Free

Virginia Electric Power CO just started charging $60/mo more for anyone with solar panels.

This makes financing for a molten salt battery possible. Sure they'll put up the solar panels and operate off the solar panels & Zebra battery.

They just won't tell VEPCO. The grid bill will just be the $2 / month for some CFL outdoor lighting.

Power companies need to face the new reality: Your only purpose is to load level.

You get your fannies out to Jefferson Nat'l forest or some place with mountains and start looking for some lakes.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Do you have a source for this claim? The only thing I found was a = standby=20 charge for customers who wanted to keep a connection to the grid in case =

their solar or wind systems did not produce enough power for their = needs:

and their net metering agrement:

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

I have been unable to find any evidence on the 'net for the above claim. I think you are mistaken.

-- "I'd like the globe to warm another degree or two or three... and CO2 levels to increase perhaps another 100ppm - 300ppm." -- snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

Reply to
AGWFacts

It's $60/month. It's creating quite a flap, at least in Tidewater where pumped storage and firing up the nuke every night are both problematical.

levels

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Stoping and staring a nuke is always "problematical" which is why no one does that.

BTW, VEPCO ceased to exist some time ago.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

And you've posted that to USENET _twice_, so it just has to be true.

Have you ever heard the term "corroborative evidence"? Or, for that matter, "trustworthy evidence"?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

The House of Burgesses has to vote on it first but $60/mo is what Dominion wants.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill