OT: Drywall Saw Using Jig Saw Blade

Ran across an interesting idea where a guy used a jig saw blade as a drywall saw... making his own handle.

Really nice for tight working or tight curves (in my case).

I don't have a wood shop :-(

Any ideas about what off-the-shelf handles might work? ...Jim Thompson

Vice grips.

lunatic fringe electronics

Solved...

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

| 1962 | Liberalism: Religion for the Simple-Minded

I've seen a keyhole saw which was a die cast handle which mounted a reciprocating saw blade.

unlike the reciprocating saws which all seem to use the same coupling, jigsaws have different couplings.

maybe try an xacto knife handle, (perhaps you'd need to grind the collet out a bit)

or just 3" locking pliers

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Nice! Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

We have these in the US

It's real hard to find the blades though, It's different from the power reciprocating saw blades.

They cut on the push stroke so you tear the hell out of paper faced drywall alot less than with a plain plunge saw with the sharp nasty tree saw type teeth.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Finished...