Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Small signal RF amplifier ideas?
Some ideas I hear about RF amps are to decouple each stage with a series resistor and a cap across the stage. The resistor is chosen to drop a small voltage and the cap to have a low reactance. Next,...
2
2

Need help with oven schematic
Here is a link for the schematic of my old (1985Ā±) Jenn-air wall oven (si ngle). Please note that the BR wire that is cut off at the bottom of the scan, goe s to the splice point to the right. Said...
6
6

PSpice Netlisting/Template Trick
Just discovered (or re-remembered :-), in PSpice... To just have the color of an LED showing in the schematic (I hate over-klutzy drawings), I just enter color and the template collects the model...
7
7

Telephone parts?
One of the discounters in Portland is selling "slim-line" phones (land line, brand new) for $ 2.50 each. Is this a bargain for parts? Anything fun and usable inside? Thanks Ivan Vegvary
5
5

I need to make a special measuring timer
Greetings All, I have a customer that I make an assembly for that he uses in another assembly to stake parts. By staking parts I mean dents are put in the first part to retain a second part that fits...
22
22

Preset cruise control?
I will be buying shortly a 2004 to 2006 Scion xB. Those years because of the body size. I wanted one with a cruise control and it turns out that they did not come with a cruise control option....
6
6

Cam Setup
I have a Panasonic BLC1A camera that I am trying to set up. Router is a Amped R20000G. Laptop is Win XP Pro latest update. I think there are several ways to do this but am not sure what exactly to do....

Glow bar igniter
Having trouble with my Fridgidaire oven. Sometimes is just doesn't heat up. Looked up the igniter function referenced in link below. Don't most resistance heaters increase in resistance as they heat...
7
7

USB Motion Detector & Camera
It seems like the very first thing that would appear for home security is a motion detector with a USB plug to activate a USB camera. The software would save several photos or a video every time...
5
5

LithiumĀ Batteries
Hello all, is dedicated to providing helpful information regarding the use of rechargeable batteries and chargers. We provide environmentally friendly rechargeable batteries, chargers, accessories,...

Analyzing circuits with tapped inductors
I am currently looking at the Hartley oscillator (yes I'm getting serious a bout that stuff), and I currently find it hard to analyze circuits with tap ped inductors. I thought about treating them as...
12
12

First electronic table-top calculating machine "Sumlotronic(?)"
Please help! I'm looking for info about the very first Electronic calculate r I ever saw. The time was early 1960'es and the "thing" was about the size of a modern Cash register - it had what was...
4
4

stepping up battery voltage
Hi. I want to step up voltage of my AA 1,5 battery to 2.5V but i need to limit the current to 500mA. Ampmeter shows that the current of the battery is around 6A and dropping to 3A. How to make this...
13
13

Soldering newbie
I am not new to soldering. I have some soldering experience. I have built a radio kit with no soldering problems whatsoever. I have made little boards for things like transistor amplifiers for my...
44
44

Noise Suppression
Noise Suppression: My old refrigerator used to put out a lot of electrical noise on the AC line and upset my home X10 system. Got rid of it. My new refrigerator was noise free for 5 years but now it...
1
1