Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A question about induction heaters
I've had occasion to work on some commercial induction heaters, and they all used water cooled induction coils. I was wondering how the current crop of induction hotplate gizmos deal with self heating...
4
4

Circuit help: switching a load only at peak of AC mains
I have a series of measurements to make of the inrush current of a range of LED drivers and electronic ballasts. Is there a simple way of ensuring that the load is always switched on at the peak of...
13
13

push-pull output simulation is ready
Push-pull output is most popular output stage for op-amps and audio power amplifiers. New tutorial: and simulation are ready :-) Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a premium domain for your...
3
3

Eleven New Models added to my Device Models & Subcircuits Page
Eleven New Models have been added to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website... Please report errors and comments. (I already observe that posting models as .LIB's makes for cumbersome...
1
1

S-Parameters
If you have be stalled when confronted with a device model specified by S-Parameters, you should read the following collection of AppNotes... "CreateS-ParameterSubcircuitsForSpice.pdf" now posted...
8
8

ANN: New Spice Models added to my website
New Spice Models added to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...

Wi-Fi health risk?
For aesthetic reasons I had to moved my wi-fi access point in my living room to a location under my desk. I'm a bit worried about the RF emissions since I spend most of the day at the desk, just 12"...
9
9

A PNP-NPN output with common-base level shifting
Hello. Here is a circuit I came up with. It is meant to be a general-purpose digital output stage: it takes in an inverted digital control signal (typically low voltage and low current), and uses that...
7
7

Inductor current can't be suddenly cutoff if no freewheel diode is attached
Inductor current can't be suddenly cutoff if no freewheel diode is attached. New tutorial is ready and online simulation
3
3

Should supply rails be negative?
Hello. As we know, it is a historical accident that the charge of the electron is considered negative, and conventional current flows counter to the electrons. For a long time I thought that this...
31
31

PIC32MX question
So I bought some PIC32MX150f128B micros, hooked one up to my PicKit 2, and lo and behold, they talked! Only problem is, the loader software sees the chip as an 'MX320! Huh?! I know (now) the pickit...
2
2

IDC dip plug pins >:(
Anyone know why IDC dip plugs have their pins staggered opposite of what standard dual row IDC connectors use? Argghhhhhh! I assumed it was otherwise. In other words on a dip plug red wire one goes to...
3
3

Deadbolt indicator
Hi All, I'm very much a beginner in the electronics area, but I've been playing around with resistors, led's and batteries - so I understand those basics. Now I want to apply what I've learned! I want...
37
37

Cell Phone Controlled Solar Powered Drones
Solar powered drones might be able to go 100 miles or more during daylight hours. Problem is they can only go a few hundred meters with conventional radio frequency controllers. Cell phone technology...
1
1

ps/2 port on a pc
I have an old DOS (yes, DOS) laptop that I want to use in a project. I want to have two-way communication, but the ONLY port this thing has is a ps/2 port. I can find lots of info on sending chars TO...
15
15