Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

LDR reads low (10K) in darkness?
I repaired an outdoor dusk/dawn LED lamp that had a defective LDR used to s witch the LED on/off. Problem was the LDR resistance read low (10K)in darkn ess, so I replaced it with one I had laying...
8
8

intermatic dusk dawn photocell HB51R
Where do I buy this Intermatic dusk dawn HB51R?
2
2

OT Secrets of the Sun: Nova <-- have you seen that
I'm just curious whether any of the intelligent minds in here have seen the theories presented in that show. The one about tangled magnetic fields causing solar flares sounds awesome. Does it sound...
2
2

JFET Common Source Amplifier as counterpart of BJT Common Emitter Amplifier
JFET Common Source Amplifier as counterpart of BJT Common Emitter Amplifier has (on average) smaller voltage gain, higher input impedance, higher non-linearity and can operate on higher frequencies....

To all VETS
Thank you very much for your service.
10
10

Semiconductor manufacturing technology textbook recommendations
I'm considering purchasing a textbook for self study on semiconductor manuf acturing technology and have come across a possible candidate published by the SPIE: Introduction to Semiconductor...
2
2

Erratic sinewave signal generator?
I have a Novatech 2901A 32Mhz synthesizer that increments in steps of 1Khz with digital readout from 200Khz to 32Megs. It's a cute little unit but occ asionally gets locked up with a grossly distorted...
4
4

Hendershot Generator
I've received an ad for plans for a Hendershot generator, claiming that it will produce power sufficient to run an entire house for virtually nothing. I find this hard to believe, but I'm not current...
6
6

Reading the intensity of an IR Led using a PNA4601M IR Receiver
Hello, I'm trying to detect if an IR Led is on and if it is how intense is the light. For this purpose I tried to use a PNA4601M IR Receiver ( that I bought from Parallax a while ago. I thought the I...
11
11

Planet Monitoring System Using Sensors
Hello all, My group and I are designing a planet monitoring system that measures moist ure, sunlight, temperature, and pH, cataloging this information in a databa se, and providing an interface that...
7
7

OT: Halogen Bulb Question
Installing some pendant lights in the kitchen. They came with this Halogen bulb: MR16 EXN+C 12V 50W The edge of this bulb has an annoying pink emission. Is this standard for this kind of bulb, or what...
6
6

±5V from up to +12v
I'm trying to design a remote controlled volume controller, and the chip I've chosen to control the volume needs ±5v for the analog side of the circuit, and +5v for the digital. I have several...
35
35

Multisim Files
Is there a SAFE viewer out there for MultiSim files (*.ms10)? Everything I find is an exe of questionable source. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
3
3

Antenna impedance
With reference to this schematic: I'd like to know if there is a general rule of thumb for determining the antenna impedance Z(w) and therefore the matching inductance L3. Also, I'd like to know what...
18
18

Ryobi battery pack
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?
6
6