too cold

275w photo lamps have very very short lives though, they're meant to spend nearly all their time run 2 in series, and just get 240v for the brief moment of taking the photo.

I stockpiled some incandescents too. Not had a single use for one since.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

US 5-15 GPOs are limited to 1800W

--
  Notsodium is mined on the banks of denial.
Reply to

How small do you think an micro "environmental chamber" could be and still be useful?

150mm cube inside? 200 x 150 x 150? (8" x 6" x 6"?)

--sp

Reply to
speff

I just ordered one of these:

which is 5x5x7.5 inside; maybe kinda small? That might do for a lot of my needs, like curing epoxy or temperature cycling small gear or breadboards. We can keep it in the common lab and anyone can take it to their bench as needed. We have a giant chamber in the basement (goes to -70C!) but it's a big deal to use. Something like 0 to 50C is plenty to estimate tempcos.

Amazon Prime is addictive.

Mo has a mini-fridge in her office. Sometimes a big guy will bring in his kid for therapy, and she sits the dad on a couch and gives him the wifi password and a cold beer.

lunatic fringe electronics

It arrived today. Pretty neat. It has a switch for hot/cold. Cold is

7C, hot is 51. It's about the right size for a small breadboard or even a small product. You could put a thermocouple on the DUT, switch from hot to cold, and in maybe half an hour do a temperature sweep.

Looks ideal for curing epoxy. Looks like TEC for cooling, resistive heating.

A little bigger would be good too.

$40, including shipping in two days. Amazing.

lunatic fringe electronics

How about a coffee/tea mug warmer?

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

electrode cup heaters are more fun

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Have you looked into UV curable stuff? I have some and it works well.

Reply to
John S

250W halogen clamp work lamp, $10 at home depot.

I use one as a one-sun (OK, it falls short of sunlight), for testing battery-charging with small solar-panels.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Nice. Where'd you get it John? Or did you make it yourself?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I like the cute little cold/hot mini-fridge. It cost $40, but it will keep a few beers cold too. Sometimes cold is useful.

lunatic fringe electronics