The unwritten laws and rules of Electronics

But what about SPI bus, where the UC can be either Master or Slave depending on the source code?

I'm thinking specifically AT89S8253. Although it gets muddy since the part also supports UC-to-UC communication via SPI.

Reply to
mpm

Another one I encountered today:

You will need BOTH Phillips and Slot Head screwdrivers to remove the case.

This is especially true if all you have handy are Torx drivers.

Reply to
mpm

lunatic fringe electronics

One end "owns" the bus, though in this case it doesn't matter. The wires are bidirectional so there is no confusion.

It doesn't matter. The clock and data don't change.

Reply to
krw

The Amphenol MUSB ruggedized connectors are great. They work well on a small panel:

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

:)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That one is easy if you call the signals MISO and MOSI (master in, slave out, etc.) rather than SDO and SDI (serial data out and in).

Reply to
David Brown

That is with those new low temperature Gallium solders.

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

That looks really tough.

We're using a pcb mount cheap B connector that solders pretty securely to the board and fits fairly tightly in a hole in an aluminum rear panel. The panel will bear lateral forces. This seems reliable, whereas the mini connectors can be ripped off a board, and are harder to mate.

Bad pic:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, that most likely is true. At least he does not live in yours!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

That's a universal Law, far more widespread than electronics.

When I reach into my pocket for car keys, I have a less than 50% chance of grabbing my house keys instead because they feel different, but I get the house keys 70% of the time. When I get the car keys, there is a 50% chance that the fob will emerge with my thumb on the side with the buttons, but that happens 5% of the time.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

So put them on the same ring like normal people. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I put all my keys on one ring, and I'm not a normal person.

lunatic fringe electronics

Key/fobs are huge so I have two rings, one for each vehicle. Each ring only has three keys, though.

Reply to
krw

Do normal people give their house keys to parking valets?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Actually, I carry a few redundant keys on a small secondary ring. The Audi will lock me out, given any excuse, especially if the keys are inside.

lunatic fringe electronics

I actually have two "rings", each composed of two small rings connected by an s-biner. One of the smaller rings of the set just has the key/fob on it. The other has my house key and work desk key (on the truck key set only). The s-biner allows me to separate them for valets (though I normally don't) and when I drop the vehicle off for service.

Reply to
krw

In America? Yes, apparently - despite being told not to. But then, the idea of handing over your car keys to a totally unknown young man just because they have a uniform on, does not seem "normal" to me.

Reply to
David Brown

So put a house key on each one. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I use valet parking maybe twice a year. Taking the car key off takes maybe five seconds, or you could use a clip.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs