TDR pulse or squarewave ?

What can go wrong? Inside is probably a cadmium sulfide photoresistor. If it's like these, the conductive path follows a serpentine pattern, which kinda looks like an inductor. The inductance is probably fairly small (I couldn't find a number). At

1MHz, the inductance probably has little effect, especially with the padding. However, if things act strangely in your testing, you might want to measure the inductance with a common LRC meter.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I had good success when I used the Vactrols on my Flag antenna, and many have used them for variable terminations, I don't suspect much inductance. I didn't have a good night for finding any front to back. My antennas acted about the same. Sometimes atmospherics will do that, I'll try another night or two before I revert back to a fixed resistor. I went to use the Vactrol ass'y I took off my Flag antenna during testing, I found the 300ohm series resistor was measuring 10Mohm and the Vactrol resistance section was open, I suspect lightning may have damaged it. I installed a new Vactrol and resistors. I have one Vactrol on the shelf, I can measure it when I get my Rigexpert. I have an LCR meter, but the highest frequency it goes to is

100kHz. Mikek Mikek
Reply to
amdx