Serial number labels

Anyone know of a source of little serial number labels, say 15mmx5mm, in A4 sheets for laser printer? I can only find tractor-feed dot matrix lables from the usual UK suspects.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

RS sell them down to 25.4x10mm, will they do? They are silver and come on A4 sheets. If you find any smaller let me know, I am looking for some too.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Check out

Probably letter-size, but your printer shouldn't mind. :-)

Specifically, see the PDF:

Richard H.

Try Panduit .

My former employer used to cut the perforated edges off tractor-feed labels and run them through a laser printer. I don't recommend this, since there's a risk of destroying the printer, but they got away with it.

--
-- Steve
Reply to

Inquisitive, eh? :-)

Commonly sold through large electrical supply houses (Anixter, Graybar, etc.); not sold direct. Not likely that you'll get even a "retail" price out of Brady, IME.

From buying some of their self-laminating laser poly labels (slightly more exotic), their cost is fairly high - I'd guess these are probably USD$30-60 for a 100-sheet box. At your dimensions, that's probably

15,000 labels, but it's probably also better suited to the task than something from the office supply store. (Durable, with long-lasting adhesive.)

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

Thanks, perfect- except that Brady Europe won't even tell me who sells them here or how much they cost, until I fill in a form giving my dog's dental records and my maternal great-grandmother's preferred sexual position.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

You shouldn't look on that as a problem- more of an opportunity to show some creativity. I have a whole distinct persona that exists only to answer the invasive personal questions used by auditors to verify trade rag subscriptions. Eye color, birthdate, city of birth etc. are all consistent but wrong. If you have a lot of this at work, you can create a cyber-gofer name so you'll know instantly when they're calling.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Paul Burke" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

That's pretty small. A while ago I had custom labels made by Cils (UK),

and they did a great job.

You can ask them to send some samples. They have all kinds of labels, different material, special adhesive types etcetera.

With 15mm x 5mm you need good software as well, and load your printer very carefully - or else the alignment will be terrible. I had larger labels, with pre-printed boxes, and even when the registration is off by 0.5mm it already looks a bit shabby. I ended up writing my own software, where I could 'tune' the printed fields in steps of 0.1mm.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

OK that would be someone like Newey and Ayre in the UK, I'll try them.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I just use normal laser labels and print multiple "mini labels" on each one by setting up a table with no borders. Cut/score them with a hobby/stanley knife.

Depending on your original label size and the "mini label" size you can get hundreds on an A4 page.

Alan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Jenal Communications Manufacturers and Suppliers of HF Selcall P O Box 1108, Morley, WA, 6943 Tel: +61 8 9370 5533 Fax +61 8 9467 6146 Web Site:
Contact:
Alan

Is that because of US national security paranoia ?

In the days when I still did pcb lay-ups, I got Brady stuff here.

They're in Bishops Stortford, Herts.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I have been known to use the alias ' Don Task '.

Graham ;-)

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Wow. Frank wrote custom software to do something that any good word processor can do.

For his next trick he will whitle a toothpick out of a two by four.

Reply to
Guy Macon