Proximity of AC coil to snubber network

No kidding. A single shielded, balanced pair can melt from the current in the shield. If the fault current is high enough, it can take out entire harnesses. If the neutral is undersized in a building, you can have a large differential voltage at high current. If it's three phase with an undersized neutral, the harmonics make it even worse.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I get it. You want the DC voltage of the remote ground, summed with as much of the RF ambient noise as possible. Clever.

John

I find it hard to believe to that none has ever used coax or the like cable as a ground leg.

The end that is attached to the ground source has both the shield and center conductor combined. On the other end for the device that wants the ground with out the noise with it, you use only the center conductor and tape off the shield as close to the device as possible.

In the past, I've used RG8/213 type cable from a good out side ground source, and led them up to the entrances of the shack/house with a metal plate that had a coax female connector on it where we would attach this coax. On the inside, you simply use the center conductor only..

This same is done noisy environments to reduce noise from traveling along the ground legs and along the shielded signal wires.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie