OT: Orwellian Thought Police

Orwellian Thought Police...

...Jim Thompson

How is it allowable that someone has the freedom to alter the text displayed on their own computer? Outrageous...

Reply to
bitrex

The concern is re-posting/re-tweeting, etc.

You could distribute it as a virus... which is a good idea... replace "Hillary" with "Hillary, white trash from Arkansas" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Well, it's not as if it wouldn't be trivial to accomplish the same effect manually.

And everyone knows that the terms "pro-life" and "pro-choice" are loaded BS marketing terms used by both sides of that debate, anyway.

"pro-choice" glosses over the fact of what the act of abortion actually entails - only the most strange of person could actually take a sense of pride in what the process actually _is_. But such people do exist:

"pro-life"? I don't consider a two month old cluster of cells to be "alive" in any similar material sense as a grown human. A cluster of cells with no capacity for fear or suffering is hardly any more deserving of legal protection than an adult pig, and perhaps less so.

Sure, sign me up. She's intolerable.

Reply to
bitrex

I have mixed feelings about abortion... I personally would have trouble signing off on eliminating one of my own offspring, unless s/he was damaged in a way that would have a great effect on quality of life.

On the other hand most seekers of free-on-demand abortion are likely to vote Democrat... so one less Democrat voter is an over-riding positive >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Hmmmm.... Never thought of it that way...

This app kinda reminds me of Jive, an old DOS program that turned text files into jive talk. Hillarious stuff ! There could be a plugin for FF or Chrome etc to do similar things like thhis one.

boB

Reply to
boB

  • Well, according to the prophets, there is life from the instant of procreation. What man does to laws, with laws, etc is a totally different and un-related mess.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Which prophets? Of what religion? And why should you care?

Religous nuts have silly ideas about every subject under the sun. Seventh Day Adventist's refused vaccination on the grounds that it was consuming blood (if I remember their antics correctly from when I was child in Tasmania).

Religious nuts aren't the only people with silly ideas, but they do take their own silly ideas more seriously than most, and try to get other people to take them seriously as well, which is an imposition.

Slightly less of mess, if it's evidence related (which has been known to happen, if not nearly often enough).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

jive is an interesting beast it's based around a software-generated state meachine that processes input one character at a time. it could be interposed in a pipleline before 'talk' to produce a talk client that reinterpreted the user's input into jive.

source here:

  \_(?)_
Reply to
Jasen Betts

Years ago I had a similar app called "Jabber". Fun to play with.

Reply to
gray_wolf

Sometimes I think the OLD days computing and making and designing your own digital circuits were way more exciting than doing it today.

It's neat to see some of this old sofrtware online or available for the PC. Maybe with a DOC or C/PM emulator.

I had a reason to check above my garage this morning for stray cats to see if there was any damage done to anything (there wasn't as far as I could see), but found my old Televidio C/PM 5 1/4 inch drive computer so I brought it into work today and it's running OTHELLO for some of the other engineers here that have never seen the likes of one of these machines. This computer was one that I had before the S-100 puter I built from scratch that doesn't work anymore, but still pretty neat that it even fired up ! Boots faster than the CRT takes to warm up !

boB K7IQ

Reply to
boB

And thats the problem with the conservative movement in the US. They want LESS government (which is fine) excpet when it comes to controlling other folks social issues.

Who you marry and other social questions should be not be an issue that requires ANY government control. Go to the religious leader of your choice.

That would be less government.

Reply to
makolber