No Joke, Government Using Smart Home for Surveillance and Evidence Collection

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yawn. So what else is new?

Reply to
Robert Baer

You're kind of a smartass for a complete know-nothing, the worst kind.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"Smart home" was always an odd concept--don't we have better things to do than wonder what our places are up to when we're away?

Do I really have to turn on the dishwasher from another time zone?

Methinks not.

OTOH, watching what's happening in YOUR house might be more interesting, at least our peeping Uncle Sam seems to think so.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That's just the tip of the iceberg, they've intercepting and storing video comm from services like Skype for years now.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

This will be misused some day, naturally, if not already.

According to Snowden's docs law enforcement uses the NSA info to identify targets, then hides how they found you later.

Meanwhile, we can't get even basic information from the government, and when we try, they trash the hard drives.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

and when we try, they trash the hard drives. "

There is alot more to this - but suffice it to say that when somepone refuses or hesitates to answer, assume the worst answer possible for you is correct.

T^T

Reply to
jurb6006

Yep, it's the "tip from an anonymous informant" justification they're using more and more often...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred