Low Threshold MOSFET

I have found aliexpress sellers to be very helpful. I'll bet they'll sell you lots of 100 and probably accept your request for next-day air shipping, if you pay for it in advance with a bank transfer.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I already ordered from that vendor via the slow boat. I'll get then in April... maybe. This one is $0.09 each @100 and will ship via DHL or Fedex for $30+. It says roughly 1 to 2 weeks. If you really need them I don't think risking $40 is too big a deal is it? You can pay with credit card and I hear Aliexpress is pretty good about it if you find the parts are crap. I've only needed to dispute something that I didn't receive once and it was not a big hassle. No worse than eBay.

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

This Aliexpress vendor is twice the price as the other one I mentioned, but has a Fedex delivery option for 5-8 days. It may result in Tom Hanks being stranded on a deserted island for years though. :(

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

I think I found a good substitute. It is the IRLML6344.

Thanks for your suggestions, Guys.

Reply to
John S

Lemme see..would a dual or quad N-channel ZERO threshold match pair array be useful? Also available at Vth = 0.2, 0.8, and 1,4V. Made by Advanced Linear Devices, carried by Mouser, (Oct 2006 catalog).

Reply to
Robert Baer

But he has Wilson!

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

might be the genuine article but salvaged. Who knows.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It would be hard to sell salvaged as new. It would have solder on the leads. I don't know how they could even do the work to unsolder and repackage the parts for that price!

I'll find out in a few weeks if there's no longshoreman's strike and customs doesn't seize anything.

--

Rick C
Reply to

You mean STEAL.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Not hard at all, it's done on a fair scale.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Often dealers or liquidators buy production remnant reels on the cheap. Some product was discontinued, a company has reels and partial reels left over and a regular distributor would not take anything back. Or maybe a little company went belly-up and the bankruptcy laywer sells everything but the kitchen sink.

I have even bought software from liquidators, such as an older version of a 3D mechanical CAD package for $10. Yes, ten bucks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What is done, selling salvage as new? Selling salvage may be done all the time, but I see pictures of people straightening pins with pliers over solder pots. I seriously doubt they can pass those parts as new and even though it may be cost effective for some parts, it would be rough to make much profit from $0.02 transistors after taping them.

--

Rick C
Reply to

,

do

Lots of salvage is sold as new in China. It's quite doable. In some places parts are processed in the street, literally. 3rd world wages aren't exactl y high. Some stuff is sold without remarking, some is black-topped and rema rked to make all the parts on a reel look the same.

$2.80 less 65c shipping is $2.15 income for someone. In some places people work for as little as 8p per 16 hour day (about 12c) - I've no idea what th e pay is for component salvage, but $2.15 a 100 is well within doable.

Of course that doesn't mean that's what these particular items are, but the re's lots of salvage going on. Decent salvage is all tested, the worst is r e-marked wrong parts.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

$2.80 for 100 with free shipping! I would say that have to be fakes,

Sometimes when the side walk isn't large enough literally in the street:

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

How can they restore the length of TO-92 leads?

--

Rick C
Reply to