LiPo charger question

I have a little LiPo charger module, this one:

It's based on the following IC:

There doesn't seem to be any breakout on the dev board provided to give a "power good" signal to a microprocessor when the battery is finished charging.

I'd like the host device to be un-turn-onable while the battery is charging from a USB port, and for the device to shut down when the battery voltage drops below a certain level. What additional circuitry would be required?

Reply to
bitrex

Den onsdag den 25. maj 2016 kl. 23.25.10 UTC+2 skrev bitrex:

there's two LEDs on the STAT pin for changing and done

the stat pin is high when done, low when charging and high Z when not powered

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Gotcha. So how does this help me?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I'm guessing you use a buffer* to take the signal at the STAT pin of the charging module to the "power good" input on the dev board.

  • inverting or not, depending on what the "power good" needs to see, of course.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752