Keithley 182

I have got a 182 sensitive digital voltage meter that needs the cable+plug...

The unit came from working operation but the cable was hard wired into a test station and that didn't come with it.

I've looked at two manuals now and I don't seem to know the plug number so I can get and make my own cable The socket is rather large with only two pins, its kind of not your usually plug.

Does anyone here happen to have a manual or info of the test probe connector?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I know I'm necroposting by a month, but here goes.

Page 11 of this scan of the manual

has the Keithley part numbers for the input cables and connectors. However, Tektronix doesn't admit to knowing about any of these part numbers.

This forum link from 2014

has a post from somebody at Keithley, saying a 1507A cable will fit and is available (in 8/2014). It's a bargain at only $489; Mouser and Newark list it but they don't have it in stock.

Back to the scan, the plug only was Keithley Model 1486. This page

claims that's an NSN of 5935-00-529-0201 and gives some more specs on it. It also crosses it to an ITT part number of CA3106B16-11PA105.

Googling that ITT part number gives this forum thread

which suggests than an ITT MS3106-E16-11P plug will fit. The contacts in that plug may be a different material than the original, so you might get a small voltage offset from that. Mouser has this plug for about $30, qty 1.

This ITT datasheet (from a datasheet spammer)

says that the original ITT part number breaks down like this...

CA Weird version of MIL-C-50515

3106 Straight plug B Split or two-piece end bell 16-11 Shell size 16, contact arrangement 11 P Contact type pin A Alternate insert position 105 Modifications

Later, 16-11 is two #12 size pins, with keying notch at 12 o'clock.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

I salute your Google-fu, sir :-). Very impressive.

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

M Philbrook wrote:

[...]

Carl Ijames

Yes late but thanks, I will look at that .

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Grin, better late than never has always been my motto.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

If all else fails, some connectors can be carved or turned from wood.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr