interesting fets

http://www.transphormusa.com/

Their part is a low-voltage enhancement mosfet cascoded with a
depletion-mode GaN HV fet.

Re: interesting fets
Ouch.. I went to some corporate home page..
maybe post the spec sheet on dropbox, or some better link.

I've been fabbing back to back depletion fets's lnd150's as
series input protection.  To-93's, It'd be nice if someone
put it all in a two lead package.

George H.

Re: interesting fets
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:22:21 -0800 (PST), George Herold

Click PRODUCTS.

SOT23s are smaller!

Re: interesting fets
Right, that's for when we think ahead and put protection on the
pcb, rather than the inter-connect.

George H.

Re: interesting fets

:

https://www.mouser.dk/Semiconductors/Discrete-Semiconductors/Diodes-Rectifi
ers/Current-Regulator-Diodes/_/N-ax1ml

Re: interesting fets
On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 9:16:28 PM UTC-5, Lasse Langwadt Christensen
 wrote:

ld:
fiers/Current-Regulator-Diodes/_/N-ax1ml

OK I'll still need two, and spendy.
lnd150's are ~$0.3 and good to 500V.  I've been putting them
on all these low current monitor inputs. (opamps or intamps.)

George H.

Re: interesting fets
On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 14:50:44 -0800, John Larkin

Kinda pricey, but the 3207 only has a gate charge of 28nC.  Thats
pretty good for a 600v mosfet, usually the gate charge goes up with
voltage.

Cheers

Re: interesting fets
On Sat, 02 Dec 2017 17:05:20 -0500, Martin Riddle

Cascoding really reduces feedback capacitance. You could do that
yourself.

I would have thought that putting a phemt or GaN under a mosfet would
have been the way to go, but that would be with discretes. It would
need a supply voltage for the mosfet gate.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: interesting fets

The funny part is, SuperJunction designs perform better than cascoding
[citation needed].  The Cdg reduction at high voltage is tremendous.

I know!  Put an enh-GaN under a depl-GaN!..

...It's not like GaN has any problems with gate charge, if anything the
problem is it's simply /too good/ to use in higher power circuits.

SuperJunction Si MOS are already squirrely at times: worrying about 300MHz
spurs is one thing, but 3GHz spurs is something else entirely!

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC