low current mosfet

Hello,

I am trying to find locate a low current n-mosfet in discrete component form. However, all nmoses that I come across (on digikey and other sites) can conduct a drain current of 25mA or more (when vgs>vth). I am looking for one that conducts ~100uA when vgs>Vth.

Does such a component exist ? They all seem to be in the mA range.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

-rover8898

Reply to
rover8898

Doubt it - it would be a pretty useless device for most applications.

I think you had better explain what you want to do (and why you can't just put a resistor in series with it) if you want to be taken seriously :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I want to make a low-current current mirror (in the uAs). However matching is poor when the device is in subthreshold. Thus I an searching for an nmos component that can conduct uAs when vgs>Vth.

Thanx

-Rover8898

Reply to
rover8898

ADVANCED LINEAR DEVICES, INC. ALD110804/ALD110904 QUAD/DUAL N-CHANNEL ENHANCEMENT MODE EPAD® MATCHED PAIR MOSFET ARRAY Ultra low power (nanowatt) analog and digital

8 pin dip with two devices 16 pin dip with four devices

default

Is there some reason you need to use a FET for this? Have you considered using bipolar transistors? I recall that there are two-transistors-on-a-chip devices made with well-matched pairs made specifically for use as current mirrors.

If you want to roll your own and still get decent matching, there's the venerable LM3046 with five NPN's that when appropriately wired will give you two mirrors, and no doubt there's a similar PNP device for mirrors in the other direction.

Reply to
Ben Bradley