Infra-Red remote controller

Dear All,

I would like to build a simple remote controller (only ON /OFF). Would you kindly advise the transmiter and receiver circuit? Thank you very much.

Reply to
Horace

Check out TSAL-6200 for the transmitter, and TSOP-4838 38khz IR receiver from Vishay

You will need to modulate the IR LED at 38khz, the receiver unit puts out a digital output when this carrier is detected.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Look at app.notes from all the uC vendors (Texas, Atmel, Microchip etc)....

/A

Reply to
Anders F

I've been doing some IR transcoder stuff using a Motorola (Ok, its Freescale) 68HC908JK3. Even running with max clock of 32 MHz (8MHz bus) I can't do the 38kHz pulses without additional hardware (4 bit counter and a 22V10) though I have this suspicion that it I were a better programmer, it could work. Can the Atmel or PIC do the pulses directly in the processor or would added hardware be needed? Using a commercial IR receive module, the reception and re-transmission is rock solid. BTW this 'glues' together the Samsung DLP monitor and ATSC set top box. GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Si Ballenger

Most of the time, you can just make up the 38khz pulses in software using a PIC. See the 38khz function of...

This is no problem at all even when running 4Mhz clock on the PIC.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
Reply to
Luhan Monat

I haven't started my design yet... ;-) But you should definitely do the modulation (38kHz) in a counter (PWM). I'm sure the Freescale has such (as all the other does ;-). Then you should have no need for anything near the clock frequencies you've stated. =)

Cheers, Anders

Reply to
Anders F

He was asking if he needed extra hardware, probably not, if a PIC can do it in software, so can about any other micro.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
Reply to
Luhan Monat

In any case I agree 100% with Rich: Do it in a timer!

/A

Reply to
Anders F