Free shipping at Arrow!

I just ordered a switch for under $2 from Arrow and it shipped free, Fedex nonetheless. They also say you get overnight shipping if you spend $20.

Good deal if you need something. Not sure when it ends.

Reply to
hondgm

That is good to hear. A few weeks ago I needed a $2 switch. I found it at Newark "in stock". It turned out that it was in stock at another company, and they wanted $10 for shipping!

Such is the modern world we live in. This is often stuff we used to be able to obtain locally. If it was out of stock, it would soon be received in regular shipments for no additional cost.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Digikey has free ground shipping if you pay by cheque or money order.

I sure wouldn't want to go back to the old ham shop / local distributor days. It used to take me a good two hours to get from my house to the distributor and back (Canadian Electronics Limited). Now I have a script that hacks up my BOMs into Digikey-compatible CSVs that have all the parts for N units. I upload those, poke the shopping cart a bit to fix various problems such as duplicate manufacturers' P/Ns, select Priority Mail shipping, and the stuff gets here in a couple or three days.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Digikey just increased their free shipping threshold. Now you have to spend over $100.

--
Boris
Reply to