copy things in LT Spice

LT used to open multiple schematics in windows of one program instance, and you could use the duplicate function to copy chunks between schematics. Now it seems to open a new instance for each schematic, and I can't copy bits between them. I must be doing something wrong.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

USe the Copy command (Little double document icon) then CTRL-TAB and it will appear in the window you CTRL-TAB to.

Martin Riddle

OK, I'll try that. I tried the usual ctrl/c and ctrl/v, no luck.

Copy does seem to work IF you open two schematics in the same program instance.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Actually, ctrl/tab doesn't work if there are two instances. I've just got to be careful to not create two instances, which I did by accident.

A double-click on the desktop icon is apparently always a fresh instance, so nothing can be copied into it. A double-click of an .asc file isn't.

There is no select/copy mechanism in LT Spice, no clipboard thing.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Umm, do you have some older version that does that? (I'm still using version 4.. I'm mostly a luddite. surfing on the trailing edge of technology.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Oh, yea. Just a single instance and open two schematics, then the Copy, Ctrl-TAB works.

With more than one instance, I don't see how to copy either.

This text is in the help of BOTH IV and XVII: Duplicate: Duplicate objects by clicking on them or dragging a box around them. You can copy from one schematic to another if they are both opened in the same invocation of LTspice XVII. Start the Duplicate command in the window of the first schematic. Then make the second schematic the active window and type Ctrl-V.

So it hasn't changed.

Martin Riddle

I'm all up to date.

lunatic fringe electronics