CD4007 Logic Level Shifter

See "CD4007_Logic_Level_Shifter.zip" on the S.E.D/Schematics Page of my website.

Had the original CD4007 designer been more free and not tied gates together, it could be done without the resistors. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Seems like a lot of parts.

lunatic fringe electronics

12 CMOS devices is a "lot"? Actually only 10 of the 12 are used, and you can eliminate two more if you don't care for a firmly buffered 0->15V output.

The CD4007 is not optimally partitioned for best LV to HV translation.

Show us you can do it with fewer devices... post a schematic. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Not inside an IC. It is a lot if you need two chips and two resistors on a PCB.

Still two chips.

NPN, pullup resistor to +15, buffer out. Add 2nd buffer (which is free) and another resistor for hysteresis.

lunatic fringe electronics
2 chips and 2 resistors for a levelshift?

That would never survive one of our design reviews

Maybe I am missing out, having not followed the entire thread, but that can be done with one FET and 2 resistors to a tenth of the price

It is even bidirectional:

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Or just a common emitter level shift if you can live with the signal inversion, plus maybe a speed up cap to reduce propagation delays due to slow BJT turn off

2 resistors and a BJT

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

As previously posted, Level shifters...

The question at hand was, can it be done with a CD4007? Yes, it can. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Nice.. thanks, (Still so many simple circuits I haven't seen...)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

One 4007 nfet and one resistor does the basic shift. Add the free buffers if you want more output drive.

lunatic fringe electronics