Alphanumeric LCD that support international char

I have a HD44780 based 16x2 alphanumeric lcd that only displays english characters.. I'd like to replace it with one that supports additional language characters.

Anyone know of a manufacturer of an lcd like that?

Reply to
benn686

from

All parts include an HD44780 compatible controller which can be ordered in either: Standard, European, Cyrillic, Russian, or Greek font options.

With more than 40,000 different combinations in our regular range, we have the display for your application. If we haven't, we can always fully or semi custom them for you!

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Actually, I'm hoping to find one lcd that supports all characters rather than having different lcds for different font options. Not sure if such a device even exists though...

Reply to
benn686

Along similar lines, it would be really nice to have a display where one could redefine any of the 256 characters rather than just the first 8.

Reply to
Mike Silva

It seems like there would be a big market for an lcd that supports multiple language fonts, yet its definately looking like this will be a tough find!

Is there perhaps a non-HD44780 (maybe a serial interface) that has more than just english characters? (I cant change the enclosure surronding the LCD, so I have to stick with a character based 20x2 display).

Reply to
benn686

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1184438974.674427.72530 @m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I'd say use a graphics display, where you'd do the chargen in software, or at least have the character "rom" as part of your firmware package.

Reply to
Gary Tait