Stand by?

Lately there has been lot's of so called power saving ' tips ' by lot's of
so called ' experts '. Not being full savvy on electronics what is the best
to do with regard to turning off the stand by on your devices? Surely there
is a reason for the facility. Many manufactures require that the stand by be
left on. Various reasons being, for updates, faster start up etc. keep
correct time. What is the best thing to do in the NG's view

TIA

Re: Stand by?

Turn it off at the swith. Only way.

Re: Stand by?
called ' experts '. Not being full savvy
on your devices?

I see many on line shops are selling a patch block with a foot switch on it. It
is a big large round button type switch,
and even has a big red footprint on it.

Asked around the usual JB and DSE haunts, but they never heard of it.

I have 37 million LEDs just on my computer gear. Feel it is about time I did
something.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Stand by?

so called ' experts '. Not being full savvy
by on your devices?
is a big large round button type switch,
The Bendigo Bank might give you one if you enter their competition
before 30 June <http://tinyurl.com/44rwd59 .

Re: Stand by?
so called ' experts '. Not being full savvy
by on your devices?
It is a big large round button type switch,

yep, that's the one.

Except they were about $29 on line.
still do you want a free $50 one or a free $29 one?
Perhaps you get a choice.

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Stand by?

Which swith? On the device or the GPO?

Re: Stand by?

Which swith for ipswith mith?

Re: Stand by?

Some (mostly old) appliances draw one or more watts in standby while
newer ones can go down to 0.1W or less. I believe the choice should be
based on what do you have around, how much does it draw in standby and
what's the on/off use ratio to see if keeping it disconnected will turn
out in a tangible energy saving.

Also convincing every IT boss in the planet to ditch Java or .NET and
going back to building software using efficient programming languages/
environments would save a two figures percentage of processing power in
every data center, in other words lots of energy, but don't ever think
having success on this one.

Site Timeline