Slightly OT: Solenoid on kubota diesel mower

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted here, though I do read the group
everyday.

We have a problem at work that someone here may be able to help with.
I need a circuit to shut of the diesel fuel to the engine when the key is
turned off as the
original module is fried and too expensive to replace as an original part.

I am thinking I will need something like a 555 timer circuit that will
energise a relay for about
10 - 15 seconds to allow the engine to totally wind down.

Any ideas or pointers will be most appreciated\

Cheers and thanks in advance

Tony..

Re: Slightly OT: Solenoid on kubota diesel mower

Why do you need to supply fuel after the key is turned off?
To stop a diesel you stop the fuel supply or in some unusual cases stop the
air.

Waz

Re: Slightly OT: Solenoid on kubota diesel mower

I think I explained this here. Shut off fuel to the engine

Re: Slightly OT: Solenoid on kubota diesel mower

Then why on Earth do you want to put a timer on it???

Why not use a "line locker solenoid" which are readily available for brake
lines in between the lift and injector pump.  Ignition on = flow, Ignition
off = no flow.

BTW *IF* you really want to use a timer just grab an "El Cheapo" turbo
timer, they are everywhere.

Cheers TT

Site Timeline