http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888/

Re: Skippy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

LMAO !

Wonder what they taste like.

Graham

Re: Skippy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

**Not my preference, but kangaroo meat is amongst the healthiest available.
Very low in saturated fat. A little tricky to cook, but many people like the
taste.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Skippy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

I would describe it as "very gamy" like Rabbit or very strong Venison.  I
also dislike the taste of both Roo and Emu and it is usually referred to as
"road kill" or pet food.

A bit of trivia for everyone.  Australia is the only country that kills and
eats both its animals on it's coat of arms or national crest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Australia

Cheers TT

Re: Skippy.

For a bit of extra trivia, I googled coat of arms, and the first one I
got to was: Antigua and Barbuda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Antigua_and_Barbuda
which has a couple of deer on it.

http://www.antigua-barbuda.org/Agact01.htm#fishing
states:

Fishing and Hunting
====================
Sportfishing, bonefish in Barbuda's Codrington Lagoon, hunting of deer,
boar, various gamefowl on Barbuda. Licenses and gun permits must be
obtained in Codrington Village. The Antigua and Barbuda Annual Sport
Fishing Tournament is held in May of each year.

So they hunt deer, which is on their coat of arms. I would assume they
would eat them if this is the case.

I didn't bother checking out another 200? countries. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Skippy.

The point I was trying to make was we have two different
animals on our coat of arms and we eat both of them  Your
example, although it has two animals, are the same species.
Now if it was a dear and a fish you would have winner ;-)

I personally have never checked it out ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Skippy.

I think it's pushing things a bit to say "we" eat kangaroos and emus.
There may be some people that them but I don't know of anyone that eats
emu on a regular basis. It may be edible but it doesn't mean people eat it.

Re: Skippy.

I must have a word to Coles & that butcher in Broome.......then again I
thought it tasted like crap too   :)

Re: Skippy.

Another quick check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_the_Solomon_Islands

Solomon Islands: Crocodile and a shark?
:-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Skippy.

and sometimes both the emblems on the coat of arms eat those that they
represent....

Re: Skippy.

What coud be fairer?

Re: Skippy.

Do they eat both of them or do the emblems eat the populace:
:-))

Cheers TT

Re: Skippy.

Tried Emu a couple of years back.  tasted too much like "dirt/soil" to
me. Didnt like.
Cant remember what roo was like.

I saw something on the news about how someone reckons we should be
eating roos instead of cows, as roos dont fart as much and therefore
are better for the environment or some such crap.

Re: Skippy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

Canadians eat Maple Syrup

Re: Skippy.

   Yeah?  What do you expect from Canadians? ;-)

   When they run out of syrup, they spend the winter in Florida.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Skippy.

Rabbit is nothing like roo or emu and neither of those is like the other.
Your credbility is TotallyTanked.

You need glasses

Re: Skippy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

Interesting. At one time you could buy rabbit in  the supermarkets here and it
made a great
casserole. I wouldn't have descibed it as as gamey as venison though. More like
chicken with a
bit more flavour.

LOL. !

Graham

Re: Skippy.

made a great
like chicken with a

Calicvirus?(sp?)
Wild rabbit has more flavour that tame/factory rabbit. The battery raised
stuff is fairly bland unless its pellets are supplemented by a wide range
of herbs.

Dang, can not thing of anything elecytronically related to throw in except
that the cmos came eventually made ot to the rabbit shed about 10 years
after SWMBO stopped raising them.

Re: Skippy.

When we were kids visiting the family farm during the school holidays, we
always went spotlighting and ate the catch. The ones with myxo were left.

The more recent table feast were either purchased ones shared by a
neighbour or one of swmbo'd (but she will deny this) raised ones. It went
to the same neighbour who told her it died or got out of something, but
soon after shared a rabbit dish he made <winkm wink>. his sources were a
mixture of wild and tame raised; hence the taste difference.

I think the last we saw in a super market was $20 each. Yer, right, how
about a couple of roasts instead.

Sadly, the last time I was on the family farm, they were very thin on the
ground.

Re: Skippy.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/09/go-green-eat-skippy-115875-20689888 /

A lot of people who find Roo too strong don't mind Wallaby - it's a lot
less 'gamey'.

Site Timeline