Red LED lights healing properties....

Gotta love those special LED photons:

http://www.skinphysics.net/phototherapy.asp

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Makes your hair grow too - just ask Warnie.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

yeah, but it doesn't reduce obsessive texting       :)

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Should speed up the growth of carcinoma cells quite nicely.

Sylvia.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Speaking of which, I also saw an ad on TV this morning for breast cancer
testing using electrical impedance. The hand held scanning "paddle" looked
like a cheap instrument case from jaycar with a handle from the local
hardware bolted onto it. Decidedly dodgy.

Not much info on their site:

http://www.breastcheck.com.au/your-visit_page.htm

It may be legit or it may be another firepower.....

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_impedance_tomography#Breast_imaging

So it's not a complete scam.

Sylvia.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Yeah, I had a quick look too and it seems there is a sound basis for it. It
just had a backyard look to it, but I guess everything starts somewere.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

So what we now need is a communal effort to be able to knock together a
professional looking one and we're in business.

"Of course I'll be gentle, nothing like that breastscan mob" {:-).

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

 I'm always wary of those who state there is 'research' behind their
claims, without actually linking to any research at all.

 Heck, even wikipedia knows how to do it, it can't be that hard.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Don't know about red LEDs, but infra-red lamps are used for various skin
complaints.

Maybe soome basis in factre the LEDs, or maybe somebody has just linked the
word 'red'.

geoff

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

I'm pretty sure they're used for their heating effect, rather than any
direct effect that the photons have.

Sylvia.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....

Possibly. But UV defintiely used for sceriasis (sp ?).

UV high-power LEDs anybody ?

geoff

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....
  Not to dismiss all the doubts but red lasers have been used for
decades by physiotherapists to speed healing and reduce inflammation,
and also used from approximately the same time to heal diabetic ulcers.

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....
I suspect they might be heat producing led's so the colour is incidental

Re: Red LED lights healing properties....
  no, there is no use of infra-red lasers, even though these were
originally cheaper and more widely available.

Site Timeline